Our 3D Academy will be an exhibitor at the upcoming RobotX STEM Expo. Our team will have a booth at the event and will be conducting a hands-on session demonstrating the VPerch program as well as discussing the ways in which 3D printing technology can be implemented into the classroom.
What is VPerch?
In partnership with HI FusionEd, Office of Naval Research (ONR), and Navatek, VPerch was created to provide students with the opportunity to learn about various STEM applications as they relate to underwater robotics.
The emphasis of VPerch is to introduce students to the engineering design process through the virtual design (3D CAD) process where they can design and simulate (virtually test) their UROV design and analyze the results before building the physical system. Using the virtual design and simulation process, students see first-hand how their design will perform under certain conditions. Once their virtual design is completed and have enough confidence that it will perform as designed, they migrate to the build phase where they can build their ROV based on their virtual design specifications. We look forward to talking more about the VPerch program and demonstrating it at the RobotX STEM Expo.
3D Printing Technology in the Classroom
3D printing technology promotes active and hands-on learning while having the power to open a world of career possibilities to students.
Four Benefits of Introducing Students to 3D Printing:
- Hands-On Learning. 3D printing makes learning fun and engaging. Students are able to move away from books and lectures and actually design and print the subject they are learning about.
- Creating Inventors. Instead of buying someone else’s creation, kids can identify a problem and create their own solution. Giving students the power to design and build with cutting-edge technology gets their minds thinking about the things they can create.
- Real World Problem Solving. 3D printing is a technology that businesses, engineers and scientists are using everyday to change the world. Put that same technology into the hands of students and introduce them to some of the challenges facing the community.
- Engaging Students. 3D printing has a ‘wow factor’ with students since it is not something they see every day. It motivates and engages students to learn.
3D printing inspires creativity and can help encourage students to explore a career in engineering or science.
Additional RobotX STEM Expo Event Details
- Date: December 11th & 12th
- Time: 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Location: Sand Island Boat Launch, Honolulu, HI
- Pre-registration is required to schedule school groups for the STEM Expo (12/11-12). Please contact HI FusionED at info[at]hifusioned.org or leave a message at (808) 988-1931 with a contact name, school and phone number to schedule or for more information.
3D Innovations is a Product Development Company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.
Subscribe to the 3D Innovations newsletter on our Facebook page!