... Read more →
Hawaii STEM Conference (April 19 & 20, 2013)
It is time again for the Hawaii STEM Conference! This year marks the 4th successful year
of the Hawaii STEM conference. STEM/Service Learning students, teachers, parents, community and business leaders are invited to gather on Maui to celebrate STEM learning projects, experience the excitement of a regional technology conference and share stories with other students from different islands. A primary goal of this STEM event is to challenge and encourage as much participation from students as possible.
This year there will be competitions in the following areas:
- CAD Application Showcase
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Poster Competition (Download STEMWORKS logo to be used in the poster competition)
- Web Design
- Game Design
- SketchUp Urban Design Competition
Approximately 200 facilitators and students will have the opportunity to attend hands-on and presentation-style training breakout sessions during the Hawaii STEM Conference.
There are a lot of great breakout sessions but the two we are most excited for are the Pre-Engineering sessions:
- Pre-Engineering In 3D – Beginners — CAD Discover Pre-Engineering and Design methods using 3D CAD. This hands-on session demonstrates how 3D Technology makes engineering & design interactive, transforming ideas into prototypes and products.
- Pre-Engineering In 3D – Advanced — CAD Must have 2 years experience with CAD programming. This hands-on session offers students a more comprehensive dive into 3D technology with more advanced engineering & design interactive challenges.
3D Innovations is a proud sponsor of the Hawaii STEM Conference. It is a great opportunity for students to explore the large and ever-changing word of STEM education. We highly encourage students attend this wonderful STEM experience!
- Conference Agenda (View the entire conference agenda)
- Conference Material (Participant Registration Form, Booth Specifications & Dress Code)
- Learn more about the Hawaii STEM Conference
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.
3D Academy, A Division of 3D Innovations, LLC provides training services specializing in 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) Technology.