... Read more →
How 3D CAD Can Benefit Your Next Project
Often times entrepreneurs find 3D CAD to be extremely interesting and “cool” but do not actually grasp the immense benefits of the technology in relation to product development, prototyping and manufacturing.
Below are some of the major benefits to utilizing 3D CAD for your next project:
- Concurrent engineering (CE) – Engineering and manufacturing process are enabled simultaneously from shared 3D CAD data.
- Higher quality – Due to increased efficiency resulting from the ability to explore a greater number of design iterations during product development.
- Lower unit costs – Due to reduced development and prototype expenses.
- Rapid prototyping (RP) – 3D CAD models can be used to produce prototypes from RP technologies.
- Identify inefficiencies – 3D CAD develops opportunities for the elimination of inherent inefficiencies in a design.
- Increased accuracy of MRP data – 3D CAD data files can be easily linked and managed by MRP software.
- Increased design flexibility & customization – 3D CAD offers a more robust set of tools and methods to modify designs.
- Increased design data integrity – With a single 3D CAD model supporting all downstream processes, changes are reflected quickly and accurately.
During the planning stages of your next project, consider using 3D CAD technology to streamline your product development and manufacturing life cycles.
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.