... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (April 15th – April 19th)
Happy Friday! As we do every week, here is your weekly 3D printing and STEM education news update! We have scoured the internet’s blogosphere and news resources to bring you the most talked about news. As you will see, President Obama’s 2014 budget in regards to STEM education was a hot topic of conversation. Also, if you are short on time we recommend that you check out Exploring 7 materials with 3D printing and see what some materials of the future look like — pretty cool!
Today and tomorrow (April 19th & 20th) we are participating in the 4th Annual Hawaii STEM Conference and will share pictures from the event soon!
3D Printing News
- Cyclists Take Industrial 3D Printing for a Spin Source: Wall Street Journal
- 10 ways 3D printers are advancing science Source: Tree Hugger
- Harvard kids use 3D printing to help the blind ‘see’ paintings Source: Venture Beat
- Exploring 7 materials with 3D printing Source: 3Ders
- 3D-printed canal home takes shape in Amsterdam Source: BBC Technology News
- The future of Engineering Software Source: Engineering.com
- NASA proves 3D printing is headed to the stars Source: Venture Beat
STEM Education News
- STEM Schools – Best High Schools Source: US News
- New Science Standards Aim to Relate Concepts to Students’ Lives Source: KQED
- A U.S. Makeover for STEM Education: What It Means for NSF and the Education Department Source: Science Insider
- Obama’s 2014 Science Budget Proposal Revitalizes STEM Education Source: Scientific American
- Engineering Creativity Peaks in Kindergarten Source: Design News
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.