... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (April 1st – April 5th)
This week we have seen some very interesting 3D printing articles about the advances the technology is making in the medical arena. Social media has really been buzzing about this recent development: 3D-printed membrane mimics movements of living tissue. As always, this technology is ever-evolving and keeping us all on our toes!
For our friends and colleagues in Hawaii, don’t forget to register for the upcoming Hawaii STEM Conference that takes place April 19th & 20th on Maui.
As always, if there is a news article that you would like to share with the community, please leave it as a comment on this blog post. Thank you!
3D Printing News:
- National Additive Manufacturing Institute Funds First Projects Source: Design News
- Architects are starting to 3D print houses—but without a house-sized printer Source: Quartz
- Smallest Dental Labs Get 3D-Printed Models Source: Design News
- Recovering unused energy with 3D printed flexible thermoelectric generators Source: 3Ders
- Notre Dame students highlight method for 3D printing skeletons of living animals Source: Engadget
- 3D Refiner Speeds Up Printing, Delivers Better Results Source: Engineering.com
- What is Prototyping? Source: University of Missouri- St. Louis
- 3D Printing Embryonic Stem Cells Source: Design News
- iRobot Takes Humans out of 3D Printing Equation Source: Design News
- 3D-printed membrane mimics movements of living tissue Source: New Scientist
STEM Education News:
- The STEM Cause: Connecting Students with STEM Programs and Jobs Source: Huffington Post
- Higher pay, but fewer students = failing grades for North American STEM program Source: Engineering.com
- STEMing the skills gap Source: Boston.com
- Engineering Builds Steam in K-12 Education Source: Education Week
- Hawaii STEM Conference (April 19 & 20, 2013) Source: 3D Innovations Blog
- AP Engineering May Be on the Horizon Source: Education Week
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.