... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (April 22nd – April 26th)
Your weekly 3D printing and STEM education news roundup has arrived! This week the internet was buzzing about the $30 million round of financing announcement by Shapeways — this is really going to help them advance their mission of bringing 3D printing to everyone. On the STEM education front, we wanted to give a shout out to Ms. Sylvia Todd (age 11) who last week won a silver medal at an international robotics competition; and then on Monday took part in the White House Science Fair, where President Obama tested her latest project, a robot that paints. She is a maker, tinkerer and her online Maker Show has made her a STEM superstar. Way to go Sylvia!
As always, if you would like to share an article with our community please leave it as a comment on this blog post. Thanks!
3D Printing News
- Inside 3D Printing Conference brings reality to the hype Source: 3D Printer
- The 3D Printing Expo’s Coolest Creations Source: PC Mag
- Additive manufacturing is growing apace in China Source: The Economist
- Getting Mainstreamier: SkyMall Is Selling a 3D Printer Source: TIME Tech
- Advancing the Mission of Shapeways: 3D Printing for Everyone Source: Shapeways
- Carl Bass, Autodesk’s CEO, Views on 3D Printing Source: Engineering.com
- Made in Space Focuses on 3D Printing That’s Out of This World Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- Additive Manufacturing: A Body of Work Source: Desktop Engineering
- 10 Breakthrough Technologies 2013 Source: MIT Technology Review
STEM Education News
- Why (And How) Students Can Get Excited About STEM Source: Edudemic
- 18 People You Didn’t Know Were Engineers (Slideshow) Source: Design News
- A Science Star Already, Tinkering With the Idea of Growing Up Source: NY Times
- Engineers Need A Good Understanding of the World Source: Engineering.com
- Hands-On Research Is a Critical Part of the New Next Generation Science Standards Source: Huffington Post
- How Museums Are Fostering the Workforce of the Future Source: Smithsonian
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.