Happy Friday! Below is a summary of the most talked about 3D Printing and STEM education news for the past week. Two 3D Printing stories really took off this week Scientists use 3D printer to create ‘bionic ear’ that hears better than you and GE Prepares to Test the Potential of Additive Manufacturing, so if you are short on time we highly recommend that you check out these two news bits. Regarding STEM, the Smithsonian came out with an interactive infographic in which you can follow the STEM education path from early childhood to workforce entry, and along the way you can see the benefits of a STEM education at the different stages Infographic: Where a STEM Education Can Take You (very cool!).
As always, if you would like to add a news article to the list, please leave it as a comment on this blog post. Thanks!
3D Printing News
- 3D Printing Is Creating A New Breed Of Chinese Manufacturing Entrepreneurs Source: Business Insider
- Scientists use 3D printer to create ‘bionic ear’ that hears better than you Source: The Raw Story
- GE Prepares to Test the Potential of Additive Manufacturing Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- Chris Dixon: 3D Printing Will Transform Manufacturing, Social Media Startups Are Facing “General Fatigue” Source: Tech Crunch
- Aircraft Engine Maker Opens Additive Manufacturing Lab Source: Design News
- Leonar3Do Brings Virtual Reality to 3D Design Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- Additive Manufacturing Technologies Reach Industrial Scale Source: Thomasnet
- Kappius Components Brings 3D Printing to Professional Mountain-Bike Racing Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- Is 3D printing about to hit the mainstream? Source: The Guardian
- 3D Printing Critical to Costume Design in Ridley Scott’s ‘Prometheus’ Source: Engineering.com
STEM Education News
- The Best Advice Anyone Ever Gave Me as a Young Engineer Source: Engineering.com
- The Two Most Important Words For Young Girls: Engineering And Technology Source: Forbes
- Infographic: Where a STEM Education Can Take You Source: Smithsonian
- Top-paying jobs are in engineering Source: CNN Money
- 5 Conversation Starters to Help You Talk About STEM Source: Huffington Post
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.