Your weekly 3D Printing and STEM Education News roundup has arrived! Mark your calendar for these two upcoming national conferences–Inside 3D Printing Conference & Expo (April 22-23) & U.S. News STEM Solutions National Conference (June 17-19). If you are in Hawaii, the Hawaii STEM Conference is April 19 & 20 and we would love to see you there!
Below are some of the most talked about news items this week; as always, if you would like to share an article with our community, please leave it as a comment on this blog post. Thank you!
3D Printing News
- From Prototyping to Production, Distributors Can Help Source: Design News
- The Great Additive Manufacturing vs 3D Printing Debate Source: TCT
- Access Inside 3D Printing When and Where You Want Source: Inside 3D Printing Conference & Expo
- Making short run injection molds with 3D printing Source: 3Ders
- Oxford Researchers 3D Print Synthetic Human Tissue Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- Biofabrication: Fit to Print Source: The Economist
- 3D printers: Not for the average consumer Source: Network World
- Can 3D printing transform cities? Source: Smart Planet
- 3D Printers Hyped Too Much? Source: Engineering.com
- State-of-the-art 3D printers cut costs, turnaround time Source: U.S. Army
- Think 3-D printing is cool? Try 4-D Source: CNN
- 3D printing could bring touchable painting to the visually impaired Source: 3Ders
STEM Education News
- STEM Impact Award 2013 Source: Afterschool Alliance
- Clinton discusses importance of STEM education Source: Student Life
- Unleashing Engineering Creativity: Nine Screens Source: Product Design & Development
- U.S. News STEM Solutions National Conference Source: U.S. News
- Early exposure to STEM education benefits children, economy Source: The Hill
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.