... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (February 25th – March 1st)
Here is your weekly 3D printing and STEM education new roundup! There were some very popular 3D printing news articles this week, but the one that is still at the front of everyone’s mind is that of a TED talk presented by a MIT professor that introduced us to yet another innovative manufacturing process, 4D printing. This TED presentation has the internet buzzing with articles about the possibilities of 4D printing and articles trying to explain exactly what this “next big thing” means. As always, we look forward to seeing the growth of 4D printing and how it might one day impact our lives.
If you would like to share a news article with our community, please leave a link in the “comments” section of this blog post. Thanks!
3D Printing News
- Cornell Bioengineers 3D Print Replacement Ears Source: MedGadget
- Here comes 4D Printing. Seriously. Source: 3D Printer
- 3D-Printed Rocket Parts Will Take NASA to Mars Source: Mashable
- Nike debuts world’s first football cleat built using 3D printing Source: 3Ders
- 3D Printing & Robots at MD&M West Source: Design News
- CHARTS: Interest high, usage low for consumer-class 3D printers Source: Engineering.com
STEM Education News
- State Councils Propel STEM Education Source: Education News
- 5 Reasons Engineering is Beautiful Source: Engineering & Leadership
- Sequester Will Cut Billions From Research and Development Investment Source: Mashable
- International Science & Engineering Visualization Challenge Source: NSF
- Prospective Engineers Get a ‘Good Feeling’ Source: Design News
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our services.