Here is your 3D printing and STEM education news roundup for the week! BIG news in the world of 3D Printing broke this week, Stratasys acquired MakerBot! This $400M deal had the internet buzzing with excitement and speculations. It will be very interesting to see what the future holds after this acquisition is complete…We will be sure to stay tuned and let you know what we hear in the coming weeks.
As always, if you would like to share news with the 3D Innovations community please leave it as a comment on this blog post. Thank you!
3D Printing News
- Stratasys Acquiring MakerBot In $403M Deal, Combined Company Will Likely Dominate 3D Printing Industry Source: Tech Crunch
- It’s Official: Stratasys to Merge with Makerbot Source: Engineering.com
- 3D Systems Makes Forbes “Fast 25” List Source: Engineering.com
- GE Open Innovation: 3D Printing Design Quest Source: GE
- RAPID 2013 3D printing conference breaks past attendance records Source: TCT Magazine
- Top Five Benefits of Additive Manufacturing (You Never Considered) Source: Manufacturing Business Technology
- Terry Wohlers and Tim Caffrey: How Additive Manufacturing Can Change Industry As We Know It Source: Ideas Lab
- Additive Manufacturing Produces Microbatteries Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- How 3-D Printing Is Becoming a Game-Changer Across Industries Source: Entrepreneur.com
- NAMII developing a National Additive Manufacturing Roadmap Source: Make Parts Fast
STEM Education News
- STEM Graduate Education Challenge Prompts Hundreds to Offer Ideas for Improvements Source: National Science Foundation
- Chelsea Clinton: Girls need STEM role models Source: Politico
- Top-Ranked Universities That Grant the Most STEM Degrees Source: US News
- 2013 Best High Schools for STEM: Top 10 Public High Schools Source: US News
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.