Your weekly 3D printing and STEM education news roundup has arrived!
This week there were plenty of articles about 3D printing announcements at SXSW (South by Southwest) — we included a couple popular ones below for you. We also noticed a trend in 3D printing articles related to business; how it affects business, how small businesses benefit from it and how 3D printing will transform business. We pose this question to you, How has 3D printing affected your business or how do you anticipate it affecting it in the future?
On the STEM front, we would like to give a big Congratulations to the All-Star STEM students that got to meet the president this past week; these high school students are an inspiration!
3D Printing News
- SxSW Interactive 3D Printing Update Source: Engineering.com
- Self-Assembly Meets 3D Printing Source: Design News
- What 3-D Printing Could Mean for Small Businesses Source: Entrepreneur
- The future of digital fabrication blows 3D printing out of the water Source: 3D Printer
- 3D Printing Doesn’t Live Up To The Hype Yet Source: Forbes
- Future of 3D printing is bright, says SXSW panel Source: CNet
- How 3D Printing Will Transform Medicine And Manufacturing Source: Business Insider
- DEFCAD is a 3D Model Search Engine Source: Engineering.com
- Launch of the first fully-functional flexible material in 3D Printing Source: Materialise
STEM Education News
- All-Star STEM Students Meet the President! Source: The White House
- STEM: The Challenge (Infographic) Source: Washington STEM
- Engineering Grads Enjoy Greater Job Prospects Source: US News
- Revamped Engineering Programs Emphasize Real-World Problem Solving Source: US News
- Path to Innovation: Women, Mentors and STEM Success Source: Huffington Post
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.