Your weekly news roundup has arrived! In the world of 3D printing, quite a few articles surfaced about the technology and how it relates to product development. 3D printing technology is reinventing the way in which products are designed and the evolution is fascinating to watch! One STEM article this week really caught our eye, 5 Exceptional Student Tech Projects, these teens show us that there are practical solutions to everyday engineering challenges.
If you would like to share a news article with the 3D Innovations community, please leave it as a comment on this post. Thanks!
3D Printing News
- Companies to Explore the Next Generation Concepts for 3D Metal Printing Machinery Source: Engineering.com
- Fresh Off the 3D Printer: Henry Segerman’s Mathematical Sculptures Source: Smithsonian
- Launch of the first fully-functional flexible material in 3D Printing Source: Materialise
- EFF Mobilizing to Fight 3D Printing Patent Trolls Source: Engineering.com
- 3-D printing is revolutionizing product development Source: USA Today
- IBM Sees 3D Printing Changing Manufacturing Source: Engineering.com
- The Ten Principles of 3-D Printing Source: Industry Week
STEM Education News
- 2013 Ranking of Online Engineering Masters Programs Source: Engineering.com
- New Steps to Meet the President’s Goal of Preparing 100,000 STEM Teachers Source: The White House
- 5 Exceptional Student Tech Projects Source: Mashable
- The Engineering Creativity Challenge Source: Design News
- Women’s STEM Careers A Matter Of Choice, Not Ability, Study Suggests Source: Huffington Post
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.