... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (March 4th – March 8th)
Today marks the beginning of South by Southwest (SXSW) and we just know that there is going to be a lot of chatter about 3D printing during and after the event. We are already seeing headlines about new 3D printing products popping up and this is only Day 1. We will be sure to share the most popular news and advancements with you here on our blog. In the meantime, this week we saw the application of 3D printing put to a number of different uses and it just shows how the technology has the potential to influence many different sectors. As for STEM, this week we came across a great article talking about a partnership between Finland and the United States…this kind of cooperation and joint efforts is refreshing and hopefully more countries will adopt this notion and work together to advance STEM.
As always, if there is a news article that you would like to share please leave it in the comments section of this blog. Thanks!
3D Printing News
- How an 83-Year-Old Inventor Beat the High Cost of 3D Printing Source: Time
- Lebron’s Nike’s Prototyped Using 3D Printer Source: Engineering.com
- So You’ve Discovered the Importance of Good Design. Don’t Make These Mistakes Source: Wired
- Professor: 3D printing technology “just beginning” Source: CBS News
- J-15 Chief Architect: 3D printing used in developing new fighter jet Source: 3Ders
- 3-D printing may break manufacturing mold Source: Trib Live
- Forget The Sequester: Entrepreneurs Are Saving The Future Source: Forbes
- Rethinking objects and form are key to 3D printing revolution Source: Yahoo! News
- The Bay Lights Project: Attaching 25,000 Lights to the Bay Bridge Source: Tested
- Micro 3D Printer Creates Tiny Structures in Seconds Source: Mashable
STEM Education News
- The Presidential Awards for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching (PAEMST) Source: STEM Blog
- Here’s An Idea: Make STEM Education Fun Source: Forbes
- MIT Engineering Students Design Wish-List Devices for Physicians Source: Design News
- STEM Research Initiative Brings Together U.S., Finland Source: Education Week
- Stanford ‘Makers-in-Residence’ program gives teens taste of real-world engineering Source: Stanford News
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.