... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (May 20th – May 24th)
Happy Friday! Below are some of the most talked about 3D printing and STEM education news articles this week. A news story that was not only heartwarming but inspiring this week is that of a little boy that had a plastic airway 3D printed for him (Doctors save little boy’s life by 3D printing tiny plastic airway for him in world first). 3D printing is making great advancements in medicine, and stories like this remind us of the potential of this type of technology.
As always, please share any additional news articles with our community by leaving it as a comment on this blog post. Thank you!
3D Printing News
- Doctors save little boy’s life by 3D printing tiny plastic airway for him in world first Source: Mail Online
- Wood, Salt, and Wonder: The Renewable Future of 3D Printing Source: Gizmodo
- Building Better Plastic Filament Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- China to Open 10 3D Printing Innovation Centers Source: 3D Printing Industry
- Additive Manufacturing Employed for Aquatic Animal Tagging Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- 3D Printed Pizza Gets Nasa Funding To Feed Mars Space Missions Source: HuffPost Tech UK
- Mataerial 3D-prints beautiful ‘gravity-defying’ structures Source: Wired UK
- 3D Printing Round-Up: Innovative Medical Field & Space Exploration Pursuits Source: Design News
- X-Box One Prototyped with 3D Printer Source: Engineering.com
- 3D Printers Demonstrate Rapid Robot Evolution Source: Yahoo! News
- Physical bump-mapping lets us 3D print photographs Source: Geek
STEM Education News
- Unpacking the Benefits of a STEM Education Source: EdTech
- The Joy of Discovering A New Discipline Source: Engineering.com
- Teen Creates Cheap Self-Driving Car, Wins Top Intel Prize Source: Engineering.com
- A Web Series For Kids Aims To Be The “Elmo for Engineering” Source: Fast Company
- Brilliant Gadgets From the Hands of the Young Source: Design News
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.