... Read more →
Popular 3D Printing & STEM Education News (May 6th – May 10th)
Happy Friday! Your weekly news roundup has arrived! In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, we would like to thank all of the hardworking educators out there making a difference in the lives of our youth. This week saw a lot of mixed press regarding 3D printing, and among all of the negativity we would like to point you to an inspiring article from Makerbot about the Robohand Project; it is wonderful to see 3D printing make such a positive impact on the lives of children and people in need.
As always, if you would like to share a news article with the community, please leave it as a comment on this post. Thank you!
3D Printing News
- Mechanical Hands From A MakerBot: The Magic Of Robohand Source: Makerbot
- 3D Printing – Tapping into Unused Energy Source: 3D Printing Industry
- Study: engineers 3D-print working ‘invisibility cloak’ Source: Wired
- Staples Bets on 3D Printing Source: Rapid Ready Technology
- 3D Printing: 11 Fascinating And Frightening Ways 3D Bioprinting Is The Next Big Thing In Medicine And Science Source: International Business Times
- How 3D Printing Has Changes Society Forever Source: PSFK
- GE’s Making 3D Printed Jets Source: Engineering.com
- SME Rapid Conference Hosts 3D Printing Art Gallery Source: Design News
- Editor’s Letter: 3D printing grows up Source: Engadget
- White House looks to 3D printing with $200 million plan for military, energy manufacturing Source: The Verge
STEM Education News
- Millennial Dream Careers Source: CNBC
- The Role of Science, Technology, Engineering And Math For Women In Business Source: Forbes
- Expanding the Definition of Who Teaches STEM, When and How Source: Huffington Post
- Regaining Our Lead in STEM Education Source: Roll Call
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.