Did you know… Americans use more than 29 billion plastic water bottles each year and only 1 in 6 is recycled, (National Geographic)? Our planet is being polluted with water bottles that take hundreds of years to disintegrate and create a tremendous burden on the environment. Many of these plastic bottles end up in landfills, streams and oceans. When we make the conscious effort to stop purchasing single serve bottles and invest in reusable bottles, we can start to combat this environmental issue and make our world a better place.
Our featured “Product of the Week”, WELLY Bottle, is a sustainable, filtered and sleek reusable bottle. WELLY is designed to be “an easy-to-carry, reusable, BPA-free water bottle with a built-in filter made from activated and carbonized coconut shells that purifies your water as you drink it”. The thoughtful design of WELLY is what captured our attention. From the shape of the bottle to the design of the cap, each piece was carefully crafted to be convenient and functional. Below are just a few features that make the design of WELLY standout…
- A mouthpiece that is protected within the bottle’s cap, ensuring it stays clean, yet easily accessible by tapping the bottle’s trigger
- Bamboo hand panels you can squeeze to accelerate water flow
- A finger loop that makes carrying your bottle by hand or on a carabiner easy and secure
- Feet on the bottle’s bottom for stability
- An opening large enough to accommodate ice cubes
- A slim profile to minimize the space required to carry the bottle in a bag or purse
The company goes one step further and places emphasis on creating not only a superior bottle but one rooted in sustainability. “WELLY considers all three pillars of sustainability (environmental, economic, social) in every decision that we make. From our materials that we source to our packaging used to ship WELLY to your doorstep, we aim to minimize our carbon footprint while reducing the demand for oil and plastic from our world.”
Learn more about Welly on Kickstarter and the official website.
3D Innovations is a full service 3D Engineering/Design company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.
Subscribe to the 3D Innovations newsletter on our Facebook page!