Collin Kobayashi gave a presentation last week at the Inventors Club in Honolulu at the Manoa Innovation Center (MIC), and below are some key points that were discussed regarding the deign and prototyping phases.
1. 3D Printing/Rapid Prototyping is integrated into the design process for:
- Testing Form, Fit, and Function
- Reducing tooling costs
- Reducing prototyping costs
- Utilizing 3D digital prototyping (CAD)
- Decreasing production time by 300 – 500% and getting products to market faster
2. There is a big difference between building a “Conceptual” prototype and a “Functional” prototype. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about the differences and to see if you have been going in the right direction.
3. See how 3D Printing/Rapid Prototyping is used for more than just creating prototypes. It can also be used for production quality parts.
For more information on this topic, please e-mail email@example.com