... Read more →
Celebrating Makers During The ‘National Week of Making’
The National Week of Making (June 17-23) is a chance to celebrate and honor our nation of tinkerers, inventors and entrepreneurs. With barriers to entry diminishing and technologies becoming more available—such as 3D printers, design software and desktop machine tools—maker enthusiasts are now better equipped to design and build almost anything.
“Makers and builders and doers—of all ages and backgrounds—have pushed our country forward, developing creative solutions to important challenges and proving that ordinary Americans are capable of achieving the extraordinary when they have access to the resources they need.” – President Obama
Local and national maker communities have really started to rally around one another since the first National Week of Making took place in 2014. Makers are feeling empowered to learn new skills and develop products that make our lives easier and our world a better place.
Here at 3D Innovations, we support makers and the entire maker movement. We understand the desire to build and develop a cutting-edge product. The drive to commercialize an idea is what making and entrepreneurship is all about. Product development is exciting, yet it is also all-encompassing and full of challenges. With years of product development experience, on a wide variety of products, we pride ourselves on being a resource for the maker community.
If you are busy building a product but find yourself up against a roadblock, let us help! Below is a brief list of our core services.
- Product Design. With a focus on product markets, our designers can optimize your product designs and functionality to exceed customer expectations. Designs conform to industry standards and follow Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Design For Assembly (DFA) methodologies.
- 3D Printing. We’ll generate a custom quote for you, anywhere in the world. From on-demand parts and customized products to full scale manufacturing runs, give us a try!
- IP Protection. Every great idea needs to be protected. Use our resources to file for Patents, Trademarks, and Copyrights.
- 3D Engineering. We deliver value and focus on the complete development process.
- Prototyping. Get your concept off quickly by using prototypes. Built from similar materials as the finished product, use as an aid in understanding your product’s aesthetic and visual appeal.
- Prototype Finishing. Need Pre-Production grade parts? Projects that require unique finishes can be done with special coatings, custom painting, graphics, and Hydro Dipping applications. Post process finishing can give your prototype the finished look required for use in presentations, trade shows, and marketing/sales activities.
- IP/Product Licensing. Need to license or sell your intellectual property? Take advantage of our expertise and confidentiality in this area in order to get a fully protected IP into the marketplace.
- 3D Design. Using 3D Visualization and Design tools, you will have the capability to understand all aspects of your design before building physical prototypes.
- Production. Avoid Manufacturing errors and expensive re-tooling. Utilizing domestic and foreign partners, we are able to provide low and high volume manufacturing sourcing solutions that specialize in Blow Molding, Injection Molding, and Rotational Molding manufacturing methods.
Don’t see a service you are looking for on this list? Let’s chat! Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-808-772-8667 to discuss your specific product development challenge.
Catch us at the ‘Third Annual Honolulu Mini Maker Faire’ on June 25th! Find details and further event information on our blog. See you there!
3D Innovations is a Product Development Company – from the 3D Design to a fully functional 3D Prototype & Product.
Startup Connector is a Manufacturing Accelerator helping companies commercialize—turning ideas into products.